I’m kind of frugal, but I’ll spend money on a good product. If you’ve read any of our Top 10 Lists, you know that our Dyson hand vacuum has been at the top of the list for two years, so when we decided to get a portable heater for the winter, we looked at the Dyson Hot + Cool Fan Heater
At first there was no way we were going to spend $400 on a heater. It’s absurd! Even at Dyson Hot + Cool Fan Heater
$336 on Amazon, it wasn’t going to happen. We’ve had a small Vornado for a while and really liked it, so we thought about getting a larger one, but we kept running into the Dyson. Holiday sales were happening too, and willpower is not something we’re known for.
Then we went to Costco and BAM — $260. Plus we had some holiday cash burning a hole in both our pockets, so we gave in and bought one.
After 3 months of using it, here’s what we think:
- It makes very little noise.
- It has a remote control that is also a magnet that sticks to the top of the heater so you never lose it.
- It’s streamlined and light, so it’s pretty unobstrusive, even in the Airstream.
- It tilts and swivels (unlike the Vornado).
- It’s not cheap to run, like most portable heaters. You’ll see a spike in your electric bill, but we figured out that it was equal to the amount we were paying for the extra propane every month.
- Sometimes if there are too many things going on electrically in the Airstream, there might be a little surge and it turns off.
- It has to be placed where it can get air flow from the back to the front, so it cant be put right up against the wall (we put ours at the end of the bed during the day, and under the table at night)